- Cultural Exchange
- Support for Foreigners
- Global Citizen Education
- International Cooperation
Gwangju Global Volun-tour
The Gwangju Global Volun-tour program is for local residents in Gwangju to join in volunteer activities through environmental protection practices while traveling around Gwangju and Jeollanam-do as well as for encouraging exchanges between local and international residents.
- Koreans and international residents in Gwangju
- Last Saturday of each month
Culture Exchange for Local and International Youth
This culture exchange program is to promote friendship and exchange between local and international youth through Korean culture experience programs and group activities.
- Local and international youth
- Once a year (July-August)
- International Support Team (062-226-2732)
Global Community Support
The GIC provides administrative and financial support to the global communities in Gwangju to promote the intercultural environment, to expand diverse and continuous activities, and to increase cultural exchange between Koreans and international residents living in Gwangju.
- Community consisting of local and international residents in Gwangju
- Three times a year (March, June, September)
- Type of Support
- Space (free space at the GIC), subsidy, and/or promotion
- Type of Activity
- Activities related to culture, art, language, environment, and sports as well as workshops, seminars, etc.
- Terms and Conditions for Application
- Non-profit communities with activities for the purpose of cultural exchange between local, domestic, and foreign residents.
The community leader must have been a Gwangju resident for at least one year. A community which includes both Korean and international residents.