- Cultural Exchange
- Support for Foreigners
- Global Citizen Education
- International Cooperation
Culture and Arts Exchange
The GIC Citizens’ Choir
The GIC Citizens' Choir is a choir established by the Gwangju International Center in 2018 and is active in various events such as the May Concert, the opening ceremony of the World Human Rights Cities Forum, and the closing ceremony of the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The goal of the choir is for both Koreans and internationals to sing together in the future.
Introducing the GIC Citizens’ Choir
- Jeong Guk-ju (former conductor of the Chonnam National University Choir)
- Assistant Conductor
- Jin Seong-in (Papa Ensemble Conductor)
- Moon Su-hyun
- Practice Schedule
- Every Saturday 10:00-12:00 ※No practice on the first Saturday of each month.
- Practice Venue
- Gwangju International Center, GIC Hall, 1st floor.
Join the GIC Citizens’ Choir
- All Gwangju residents (local and international) who love singing
- International Support Team (062-226-2732)
Professional and amateur musicians living in Gwangju break down boundaries to become one in music by creating a place to exchange the spirit of sharing and solidarity in Gwangju through music.
The GIC Library
The Gwangju International Center has the first English library in the region. The library, which started as a small donation in 2002, now has over 5,000 books and has been operating as a registered small library under the supervision of the Gwangju Dong-gu District Office since 2015.
- Open Hours
- Weekdays 09:30-18:00
Saturdays 8:30-17:00, Sundays 10:00-17:00. (Closed on public holidays.)
Book Borrowing Information
※ Travel guidebooks, children's books, and Korean books cannot be borrowed at this time and can only be read at the GIC.
- GIC members
- Loan period
- 21 days (3 weeks)
- Number of books
- up to 5
View the Book List